Follow by Email

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Last Start

It's been years now that I've been hearing I should start a blog. I laughed the first time I heard that - "What in the world would I blog about?" When the same topics kept coming back at me - Blog about how you lost weight - quit smoking - made it through a job loss - how you remain motivated. Really? Motivated? I definitely don't consider myself an expert on any of these topics, but the idea of writing about my experiences has always intrigued me a bit - so today I take the leap. I guess I'll just start by sharing my latest struggle - how am I ever going to make it back to my goal weight ? I know, I know - it's not really the most moving topic. But for me, weightloss and fitness have always been more about a personal journey that encompasses all other aspects of my life. About 8 years ago I embarked on the journey of losing 75 pounds. In the past year and a half I've managed to pack 30 of those pounds back on. And finding the motivation to remain consistent in getting it back off, seems at times, to be impossible! So, perhaps by logging my experiences here I will figure a few things out about myself. And if it helps anyone else out there in cyberspace even better!

I seem to be the queen of self defeating behavior at times. I know I shouldn't eat that cupcake at 9:45p.m. as I head up the stairs for bed. I know! I know! But what drives that little demon in my head to convince me that its no big deal? I'll admit I've been through some pretty big challenges in the last year and a half. Some of the stress from losing my job - watching my house go into foreclosure - going on endless job interviews -then moving in with my boyfriend and his 6-year old son could have something to do with why I gained 30 pounds. But the reality of that is that I know better. I know what it takes to lose weight and keep it off. I know my body. I also know my laundry list of excuses and justifications for not doing the right things. The fact of the matter is that LIFE HAPPENS and in order to meet and reach our goals we need to be accountable for the steps we take to reach them. Consider this step #1 for me in accountability. From here on I'll blog every once in a while when something comes accross my path of goal accomplishment and share how I managed it. And if I happen upon any fitness tips and tricks or exciting recipes, I'll post them here as well. Hopefully this will put that little self defeat demon of mine to bed, once and for all! This will be my "Last Start"! The last time I have to "start" a healthly lifestyle - it's just the beginning of doing things right!

until next time...
H

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Heather! The blogging is great. I, myself, lost 100lbs. (can you imagine?!?!) in the past year. Of course there was a pregnancy in there too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me, I've always got a list of excuses on why I am not eating healthy... but as you said there will always be something.

    ReplyDelete